How to Get Rid of Sciatica
By the time you have reached this article, you’ve been looking up reasons as to why you are having back pain that radiates into one of your legs. If this sounds about right, you may have a spinal nerve problem called sciatica. And we may have the solution for you! The sciatic nerve is a very large nerve of the lumbar spine and pelvis that runs the entirety of the leg into the foot. When this nerve has pressure on it, it can be extremely painful. Some of the symptoms include:
- Lower back pain that radiates into the glute, leg and/or foot
- Numbness and tingling of the lower extremity
- Weakness of the leg and the muscles of the foot
- Potentially even cause digestive issues as the nerve innervates to the organs as well
Some reasons why sciatic pain can occur is:
- Misalignment of the spine, called Subluxation
- Piriformis syndrome
- Postural distortions of the lumbar spine
- Disc herniations due to injury or degeneration
- Degeneration of the lumbar spine which compresses the sciatic nerve
- Spinal canal stenosis (narrowing of the spinal column)
- Loss of curvature of the lumbar spine
To correct sciatica the most effective way, we must first find the cause of the problem. The doctors at Modern Chiropractic will do a thorough assessment of your spine and take the necessary X-rays to determine the cause of your sciatic pain. We may find that you need something simple to fix the problem, like a spinal adjustment, massage or some specific stretches to reduce pain. If the cause of your sciatica is more severe, such as losing the normal curvature that is leading to spinal degeneration, your CBP® chiropractor at Modern Chiropractic Center can also help with that. Our CBP®-certified chiropractors have been trained restore the normal curves of the lumbar spine to reduce nerve and spinal cord tension. For example, a case report showing reduction in a disc herniation and improvement of the lumbar lordosis caused resolution of a patient suffering with sciatic pain (https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/29200655/). The unique nature of CBP® methods have been shown to be an effective option that actually corrects the underlying cause of sciatica pain.
If you feel like you have tried everything to reduce your sciatic pain, reach out to the staff at Modern Chiropractic! We have locations convenient for Boise, Meridian and Nampa residents. And we are ready and willing to help you return you to a normal, sciatic-free life!