The start to living pain-free starts with a one-on-one consultation with one of our chiropractors.
Chiropractor’s at Modern Chiropractic Center can help with:
- Improving leg pain from disc injuries
- Improving weakness in the leg
- Improving low back pain from disc injuries
Looking for solutions for your Herniated Discs? Call us To Schedule! (208) 629-1904
Herniated discs can be a painful condition for any person. Depending on which disc is damaged, it can lead to irritation of nerves and produce a common set of symptoms. If the lowest nerve in the low back is irritated, it is called “sciatica”. When other nerves are irritated it is often generically called radiculopathy or sometimes peripheral neuropathy.
Regardless of the cause of the irritation, nerves are sensitive and can produce a variety of symptoms including,
- pain radiating from the site of the nerve irritation,
- pain in the hip or shoulder areas,
- pain down the back or side of the arm or thigh,
- pain in the forearm or calf,
- tightness in the arm or leg,
- numbness and/or tingling on the skin of the leg, feet, and toes; or arm, hand and fingers,
- weakness in the hip, knee leg or foot, or in grip strength,
- or coldness in the leg or foot; or arms or hands.
Most of the time the symptoms are on one side, but both sides can be affected and sometimes the symptoms can switch sides. Long standing nerve irritation can lead to muscle strength loss and even muscle wasting, where the muscles of the arm or leg become smaller due to a lack of nerve supply.
What Can be Done for Herniated Discs?
Herniated discs, like most other problems with the neck or low back, can respond favorably to chiropractic care. But before any chiropractic care is provided it is obviously important to figure out WHY the symptoms are there. This can usually be figured out with a thorough history and examination. X-rays are usually necessary and sometimes an MRI is necessary.
At mc2 we use several things to help with the underlying disc herniation. For example, specific spinal adjustments can help to realign the spine and relieve pressure on the disc. We commonly use spinal traction where traction devices stretch the spine and take pressure off the damaged disc.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation so we can begin to find the actual cause of the herniated disc symptoms you are feeling.
Did you know that Corrective Chiropractic Adjustments can help with:
- Correct alignment of the spine
- Correct abnormal posture
- Correct underlying cause of pain
- Improve neurological function
- Improve quality of life
- Improve health