The start to living pain-free starts with a one-on-one consultation with one of our chiropractors.
Chiropractor’s at Modern Chiropractic Center can help with:
- Improving weakness in the leg
- Improving pain radiating into the leg
- Improving low back pain
Struggling with everyday Sciatica? Call us To Schedule! (208) 629-1904
Sciatica is a common set of symptoms that arise when the sciatic nerve is irritated. Sometimes it is also called radiculopathy or peripheral neuropathy. The sciatic nerve starts in the low back and runs through the hip/buttock area, down the back of the thigh, into the calf and the foot/toes. Sometimes this nerve can get irritated from things like:
- “slipped disc”,
- misalignments of the spine, called subluxations,
- bone spurs,
- fibrous scar tissue,
- tension on the nerves and/or the spinal cord,
- or even localized inflammation.
Regardless of the cause of the irritation, the sciatic nerve is sensitive and can produce a variety of symptoms including,
- pain in the glute area,
- pain in the hip area,
- pain down the back or side of the thigh,
- pain in the calf,
- tightness in the leg,
- numbness and/or tingling on the skin of the leg, feet, or toes,
- weakness in the hip, knee, leg, or foot,
- or coldness in the leg or foot.
Most of the time the symptoms are on one side, but both sides can be affected and sometimes the symptoms can switch sides. Long standing sciatic nerve irritation can lead to muscle strength loss and even muscle wasting, where the muscles of the leg become smaller due to a lack of nerve supply.
What Can be Done for Sciatica?
Sciatica, like most other problems with the low back, can respond favorably to chiropractic care. But before any chiropractic care is provided it is obviously important to figure out WHY the sciatica is there. This can usually be figured out with a thorough history and examination. X-rays are usually necessary and sometimes an MRI is indicated.
At mc2 we use several things to help with the underlying cause of sciatica. For example, specific spinal adjustments can help to realign the spine and relieve pressure. We commonly use spinal traction where traction devices stretch the spine and take pressure off the irritated nerve.
Contact us to schedule a free consultation so we can begin to find the actual cause of the sciatic symptoms you are feeling.
Did you know that Sciatica Chiropractic Adjustments can help with:
- Improve low back pain
- Improve radiating pain into the gluteal area
- Improve radiating pain into the hip
- Improve pain radiating into the leg
- Improve numbness and tingling in the leg/feet
- Improve weakness in the leg